When it comes to the canbus system on a Ford Ranger or Mazda BT50 they can be quite temperamental depending on the year model.
The BCM runs a solid state circuit protection which the BCM monitors the load and resistance and cuts any circuit outside it's tolerance. When activated it logs a fault which can only happen X amount of times before the BCM is no good.
The old myth was that LED headlight conversions could not be used in Rangers or BT-50's or you would fry the BCM!
The vehicle year model determines if it does require this canbus module.
The vehicles that require this canbus module are -
- 2014 - 2015 - PX MK1 Ford Rangers
- 2014 - 2018 - Mazda BT-50
These vehicles above in these year models will and do trip the bcm WITHOUT the canbus modules that we supply.
IMPORTANT FAQ - MK1 Ranger & BT50
- Q. Have you had previously installed LED headlights or HID without the canbus modules and you have had fault codes and lost your low beam after a couple of seconds?
- A. You may need the fault codes cleared once our kit has been installed not necessarily every vehicle is the same just the odd occasion this may be required.
- Q. Has the vehicles low beam circuit dropped out and required multiple resets or faults cleared due to LED or HID fitted without canbus modules?
- A. Please contact us before purchasing as you run the risk of doing irreversible damage to the BCM if you had the vehicle reset 2 - 3+ times.
We don't guarantee they will work with all LED/HID headlight conversions on the market.
The canbus modules are proven and tested to work with our Vanquish LED headlight Conversion kits which can be purchased below.
|2X||H4 CANBUS MODULES|